Stepper Motor Control Shield with IFX9201 & XMC1300
Hardware Compatible to Arduino
The stepper motor control shield based on Infineon’s h-bridge IFX9201 and XMC1300 microcontroller is capable of driving the two coils in a stepper motor featuring dual-h-bridge configuration. The implemented integrated IFX9201 h-bridges can be controlled by a STEP-signal via the STEP Pin. Interfacing to a microcontroller is made easy by the integrated XMC1300 microcontroller that holds the peripherals to allow high-speed current control. Micro-stepping of the stepper motor can be achieved using the internal comparators. Operational amplifiers are installed to adapt the motor current sense signal to the microcontroller’s input levels.
This high current stepper motor control boards is compatible with Arduino microcontroller boards and with Infineon’s XMC™ microcontroller kits using the Arduino form factor.
- Compatible with Arduino Uno R3
- Capable of high performance current control
- Microstepping degree can be adjusted by software
- Driver circuit with logic level inputs
- Fast and inexpensive prototyping of stepper motor control
- Simple testing of microstepping algorithms
- Diagnose pin to allow hardware feedback during development
- Overtemperature shut down with latch behavior and undervoltage shut down of the power section
- Stepper motors up to 5A phase current
- 24V nominal input voltage for the power stage
- Average motor current 3A without additional cooling effort, 5A possible with proper cooling
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)