500W power supply for 5G small cells using 600V CoolMOS™ G7 and CFD7 in DDPAK
Please get in touch with the support center to reserve your board upfront.
The EVAL_500W_5G_PSU demonstrates a power supply from AC (85-305 VAC) to DC (12 VDC) with a rated output power of 500 W. The target applications of this demo board are power supplies for 5G telecom small cells.
With a height of 27mm only, this PSU comes with high efficiency (96.5% peak efficiency at 230 VAC) and fanless cooling enabled by 600V CoolMOS™ superjunction MOSFETs housed in the DDPAK package.
- Featuring top-side cooling 600V CoolMOS™ superjunction MOSFETs
- Fully analog control with ICE3PCS01G, ICE1HS01G and IR11688S
- Fanless cooling design
- Low-profile power supply (max. height 27mm)
- Efficiency above 96% at high-line input
- Compact design in 25W/in³ form factor
- Surge protection included
- Wide input voltage range
List of components
- 600V CoolMOS™ G7 80mΩ (IPDD60R080G7) serving as high-frequency MOSFETs in the PFC
- 600V CoolMOS™ S7 22 mΩ (IPT60R022S7) serving as line-rectification MOSFETs in the PFC
- CoolSiC™ 650V 8A (IDH08G65C6) serving as high-frequency diodes in the PFC
- 600V CoolMOS™ CFD7 75 Ω (IPDD60R075CFD7) in the DC-DC primary-side HB
- OptiMOS™ 6 40V 1.3mΩ (IQE013N04LM6) in the DC-DC secondary-side bridge
- EiceDRIVER™ 1EDN8550 and 1EDI20N12, for driving the PFC and DC-DC CoolMOS™, respectively
- EiceDRIVER™ 2EDN7524G for driving the OptiMOS™ power MOSFET (IQE013N04LM6)
- ICE3PCS01G IC for the PFC control implementation
- ICE1HS01G-1 IC for the DC-DC control implementation
- IR11688S IC for the secondary-side bridge control implementation
- ICE2QR2280G for the bias supply implementation