Reference design/demo board - 5-level flying capacitor active neutral-point-clamped inverter design
The EVAL_4kVA_230VAC_5LINV 5-level active neutral-point-clamped flying capacitor (ANPC-FC) inverter evaluation board is based on 150V OptiMOS™ 5, XMC7400 microcontroller and EiceDRIVER™ 2EDF7275F gate driver. featuring demonstrates ultra-high efficiency peaking at over 99%. It also provides >98.5% efficiency over a wide range of load with minimal power losses distributed among SMD MOSFETs. This enables operation at maximum load without heatsinking or the need for forced air cooling. The multi-level inverter is based on 150V OptiMOS™ 5 technology, which has low RDS(on) and Qrr. This hybrid enables reduction in size and weight for solar inverters, string inverters and general purpose inverters.
The EVAL_4kVA_230VAC_5LINV evaluation board supports a nominal 400VDC input voltage with operating range from 380V to 420V. The nominal output voltage is a 230VRMS, 60Hz pure sine wave. The maximum output continuous power of 4.0kVA. The inverter start-up time to reach the nominal output voltage during full-load condition is less than 500ms. An overload of 50 percent can be safely sustained for 10 seconds.
Please contact the support center to order the board.
- Innovative 5-level hybrid inverter topology
- No heat sinking
- No forced air cooling
- XMC™ microcontroller based
- Excellent efficiency over load, greater than 98.7% from 500W to 4000W
- Outstanding thermal performance, no heat sinking required
- Enables customers significantly reduced time to market
- Solar inverters
- Solar string inverters
List of Components
- 150V N-channel OptiMOS™ 5 in a SuperSO8 package
- EiceDRIVER™ level-shift high-side, low-side half-bridge gate driver
- 32-bit microcontroller with ARM® Cortex-M4
600V CoolMOS™ S7 Superjunction MOSFET
1.8A DC/DC step-down voltage regulator
Low VF Schottky Diode
Medium power AF Schottky Diode