2 in parallel 40 A, 650 V D2Pak Half-Bridge Converter Evaluation Board
The EVAL-IGBT-D2PAK-80A board enables the evaluation of 650V TRENCHSTOP™5 in Half-Bridge converter topology using IKB40N65EH5 IGBTs in D2Pak package mounted on IMS. There are 2 variants of the evaluation board
- HB topology using 2 switches 40A 650V TRENCHSTOP™5 IGBT in D2Pak package (EVAL-IGBT-D2PAK-40A)
- HB topology using 4 switches 40A 650V TRENCHSTOP™5 IGBT in D2Pak package ( 2 switches in parallel)
The board enables easy and fast comparison of high power density and extremely compact size of HB IGBT power converter in D2Pak package assembled on IMS versus mainstream design using IGBTs in through-hole TO247 package.
The SMD solution improves the efficiency of the power converter due to lower power losses on IGBT, and related to that lower IGBT junction temperature, as well as lower turn-off peak VCE during operation, when compared against typical TO247 solution.
Cover converter designs in D2Pak package mounted on IMS has confirmed improved performance resulted in increased power density and reliability. For more details please refer to Application Note ‘’ 650V TRENCHSTOP™ 5 D2Pak IGBT - Improving Performance of Portable Welding Machine Power Supply Using SMD on IMS’’
- Easy comparison thermal and electrical performance of IGBT in SMD and TO packages
- Demonstrates advantages of low stray inductance designs
- Straightforward evaluation of thermal performance of power switches mounted on IMS
- Demonstrator of high power density designs in small SMD IGBT package