The 1EDI2010AS is a high-voltage IGBT gate driver designed for motor drives above 5 kW. The 1EDI2010AS is based on Infineon’s Coreless Transformer (CLT) technology, providing galvanic insulation between low voltage and high voltage domains. The device has been designed to support IGBT technologies up to 1200 V.
The internal 8-bit ADC, with programmable gain and offset, enables the sensing of either the DC-link voltage, the phase voltage or of the temperature sensor located on the power module. The digitalized value can be read via the SPI interface. Moreover, the 1EDI2010AS supports advanced functions (such as two level turn-on and off, overcurrent monitoring, etc.), that can be controlled via the SPI interface and is fully implemented on the evaluation kit.
The 1EDI2010AS EvalKit optimally combines the IC with Infineon’s integrated booster stage family EiceDRIVER™ Boost 1EBN100XAE. To make use of the full functionality of the 1EDI2010SA EvalKit, it has to be used in combination with the AURIX™ TC277 micro controller.
- Embedded 8-bit ADC
- Programable SPI interface
- Programmable Two-Level turn On/Off (7 levels)
- Short circuit protection (DESAT & CSENSE)
- Compatability to EiceDRIVER™ Boost
- On-chip galvanic isolation
- AEC-Q100 qualified
Summary of EvalKit Features:
- Full functionality of EiceDRIVER™ Sense available (1EDI2010AS)
- Testing and configuring of all 1EDI2010As features (i.e. ADC, TTOFF/ON)
- Simple IGBT connection and testing
- Includes GUI for user friendly operation
- 12 V DC input power supply
- Communication via AURIX™ TC277
- Embedded ADC reduces significantly system costs
- The combined use with the EiceDRIVER™ boost saves significant PCB area
- Two-level turn-on increases the system’s efficiency
- Inverters for automotive Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (HEV)
- High-voltage DC-DC converter
- Industrial drive
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)