The TLE7242-2G IC is a four channel low-side constant current control pre-driver IC. Each channel can be configured to function either in on/off mode or in constant current mode by setting the appropriate MODE bit in SPI message #7.
- Low side constant current control pre-driver integrated circuit
- Four independent channels
- Output current programmable with 11 bit resolution
- Current range = 0 to 1.2A (typ.) with a 0.2Ohm sense resistor
- Resolution = 0.78125 mA/bit (typ.) with a 0.2Ohm
- sense resistor
- +/- 2% full scale error over temperature when autozero is used
- Programmable PWM frequency via SPI from approximately 50 Hz to 4 KHz (typ.)
- Interface and Control
- 32 Bit SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) - Slave only
- ENABLE pin to disable all channels or freeze all channels
- Active low RESET_B pin resets internal registers to their default state and disables all channels.
- Open drain FAULT pin can be programmed to transition low when various faults are detected.
- 5.0V and 3.3V logic compatible I/O
- Over current shutdown - monitored at POSx pin.
- Programmable over current threshold
- Programmable over current delay time
- Programmable over current retry time
- Battery pin (BAT) overvoltage shutdown
- Sense resistor can be scaled to expand solenoid current range above 1.2A
- Minimal protection circuitry can be added in order to use the TLE7242-2G in 24V applications (commercial vehicles)
- Variable Force Solenoids (e.g. automatic transmission solenoids)
- Other constant current solenoids
- Idle Air Control
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation
- Vapor Management Valve
- Suspension Control
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)