EZ-USB™ FX3 Software Development Kit
Infineon delivers the complete software and firmware stack for FX3, in order to easily integrate SuperSpeed USB into any embedded application. The Software Development Kit (SDK) comes with tools, drivers and application examples which help accelerate application development. The SDK provides full firmware development and debug support on Windows, Linux and MacOS platforms.
The current version of the SDK supports all parts in the FX3 device family, including FX3S, CX3, SD3, FX2G2, Benicia and Bay. The FX3S, Benicia and SD3 devices add SD/MMC peripheral access support to the FX3 device. The CX3 devices provide a MIPI CSI interface that can connect directly to image sensors. The FX2G2 is a USB 2.0 only version of the FX3 device; and Bay is a USB 2.0 only version of the Benicia device. Please see the corresponding product pages for more information about each of the devices.
The SDK installation package as well as zip/tar archives of individual components are available below for download. Given below is a brief description of these downloadable items to help you select the right file(s) to download.
- EZ-USB FX3 SDK Installer - This is the master installer file that will install the firmware library with samples, USB Suite with Windows host driver and applications, Eclipse IDE & GCC tool chain. Once installed using the installer, Infineon Update Manager will enable users to look for updated versions of these software modules and facilitate upgrades.
- Firmware Library Zip - A zip archive that contains the FX3 firmware libraries, complete FX3 firmware sources, header files, example code, firmware conversion utility and documentation. The following firmware source samples are also part of the library zip file.
- USB Bulk data loopback and source/sink
- USB Isochronous loopback and source/sink
- DMA examples: Interleaved and multicast data
- Serial Interface Loopback: UART, SPI, I2C and I2S
- Slave FIFO: Synchronous and Asynchronous
- USB Video Class: Isochronous and Bulk
- USB Mass Storage Bulk-Only transport
- USB Audio Class: Input (microphone) device
- Mass Storage Class example for FX3S devices
- UVC examples with Aptina and Omnivision sensors for CX3 devices
- GPIF II Master mode example
- USB 2.0 only version of UVC example for FX2G2 devices
- USB Suite Zip - A zip archive containing windows host driver, C++ & C# API libraries, and the control center, bulkloop and streamer applications for 32 bit platforms (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1) and 64 bit platforms (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1)
- FX3 SDK for Linux platforms - A tar archive containing the FX3 firmware libraries and examples, the Arm GNU toolchain, Eclipse IDEs (x64 and x86 versions) and the CyUSB suite for Linux platforms
- FX3 SDK for MacOS platforms - A tar archive containing the FX3 firmware libraries and examples, the Arm GNU toolchain, Eclipse IDE and the CyUSB wrapper library for Mac OS platforms
- FX3 Programmer's Manual
- FX3 API guide
- FX3 SDK Release Notes
- FX3 SDK Trouble shooting guide
- UsbSuite Release Notes
- UsbSuite Quick Start Guide
- USB Suite Source Code Zip - A zip archive containing windows host driver source code and the C++ & C# API library source code