General Purpose Input / Output (GPIO)
The GPIO Component is a graphical configuration entity built on top of the cy_gpio driver available in the PDL. It allows schematic-based connections and hardware configuration as defined by the Component Configure dialog.
The GPIO Component allows hardware resources to connect to a physical port-pin. It provides access to external signals through an appropriately configured physical IO pin. It allows electrical characteristics (e.g., Drive Mode) to be chosen for one or more pins; these characteristics are then used by PSoC Creator to automatically place and route the signals within the Component.
GPIO can be used with schematic wire connections, software, or both. It can be configured into many combinations of types. For convenience, the Component Catalog provides four preconfigured GPIO Components: Analog, Digital Bidirectional, Digital Input, and Digital Output.
- Rapid setup of GPIO parameters
- Automatic place and route of signals to and from GPIOs
- Supports Software and Hardware connections
- Supports Analog, Digital I/O and Bidirectional signal types
- Peripheral Driver Library (PDL) Component (PDL Application Programming Interface (API) only)