Power Converter Voltage Measurements:
For power converter voltage measurements, the ADC can be configured into single-ended mode (0-4.096 V range or 0-2.048 V range). The ADC can also be configurable into differential mode (±2.048 V range) to support remote sensing of voltages where the remote ground reference is returned to PSoC™ over a PCB trace. In cases where the analog voltage to be monitored equals or exceeds Vdda or the ADC range, external resistor dividers are recommended to scale the monitored voltages down to an appropriate range.
Power Converter Current Measurements:
For power converter load current measurements, the ADC can be configured into differential mode (+/- 64 mV or +/- 128 mV range) to support voltage measurement across a high-side series shunt resistor on the outputs of the power converters. Firmware APIs convert the measured differential voltage into the equivalent current based on the external resistor component value used. The ADC can also be configured into single-ended mode (matching the selected voltage measurement range) to support connection to external current sense amplifiers (CSAs) that convert the differential voltage drop across the shunt resistor into a single ended voltage or to support power converters or hot-swap controllers that integrate similar functionality.
- Interfaces to up to 32 DC-DC power converters
- Measures power converter output voltages and load currents using a DelSig-ADC
- Monitors the health of the power converters generating warnings and faults based on user-defined thresholds
- Support for measuring other auxiliary voltages in the system
- Support 3.3V and 5V chip power supply