Start as extended workbench
The semiconductor production in Villach started in October 1970 as a so-called "extended workbench". It produced glass and plastic diodes for the then new color televisions and other consumer electronics. The small components were assembled by hand. Very thin wires with a thickness of 20µm were soldered under the microscope. The then rented building in Tafernerstraße still stands today.
Diode production in the Tafernerstraße1970-Tafernerstrasse-nah
PNG | 809 kb | 1200 x 734 px