Leading products for Complete Solar Power Solution
Infineon provides a comprehensive portfolio to deliver the best efficiency and reliability for solar applications. Infineon’s leading edge technology like Superjunction MOSFET, Trench + Fieldstop IGBT, Coreless transformer driver, etc, combined with rich experience and highest quality, ensured our No.1 position in solar application. The newest add ARM® Cortex™-M4 based MCU enables easy and high efficiency design.
Solar power conversion has three distinctive requirements:
- System cost down: Inverters manufacturers will continuously optimize the price per output power on system level.
- System efficiency: Efficiency is key for return of investment.
- Reliability: 5+years lifetime for string inverters and 25 years for micro inverter and optimizer.
Infineon addresses above solar requirements with the best semiconductor solutions.
System cost down
- CoolMOS™ C7 offers industry highest efficiency at hard switching, CoolMOS™ CFD2 and upcoming Infineon CoolMOS™ P6 offer optimized efficiency across whole load for soft switching.
- Infineon New OptiMOS™ has the lowest R DS(on) if the same packages will be compared, 50% less gate charge than competitor and offers the highest efficiency across the whole load condition.
- Infineon has long industry experience in Si & SiC devices and power module production with highest reliability record
- Driver ICs and boards (EiceDRIVER™) with coreless transformer technology offers isolation safety and stable life time performance
- Infineon PressFIT mounting technology for highest contact reliability – Download Product Brief
Solutions for Solar Energy Systems
01_00 | Jun 26, 2014 | PDF | 1.92 mb
Article - Efficiency in alternative power systems
01_00 | Nov 05, 2014 | PDF | 439 kb
Article - Matching Circuit Topologies and Power Semiconductors for Energy Storage in Photovoltaic Systems
Sep 05, 2014 | PDF | 377 kb
Product Selection Guide OptiMOS™ StrongIRFET™ Combined Portfolio
01_00 | Aug 17, 2015 | PDF | 1.2 mb