PMAfob – Keyfob Application Example
PMAfob is a typical application design for a wireless remote control transmitter. In addition to the hardware design, PMAfob comprises an application software example including encryption and rolling code functionality and a demonstrator software. The demonstrator software running on the PC is available in two versions, one demonstrating typical Home Automation applications and the other an automotive RKE system (Remote Keyless Entry).
The PMAfob is tailored as starting point for keyfob designs enabling fastest time to market.
- Secure communication
o Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or
Extended Tiny Encryption Algorithm (XTEA)
o Rolling code generation
- Five buttons (handling of five external
- Button stuck detection and debounce
- Battery voltage measurement
- ETSI and FCC compliant PCB layout for 434MHz
- Printed loop antenna with matching for 5dBm output power
- Layout and Gerber files available
PMA Software Development Environment
The SmartLEWIS™ MCU family has an on-chip debugger for KEIL development environment. A license free trial version (limited to 2kbyte code size) is available on the KEIL website: