Saving energy wherever possible is our common goal.
So, how to do it if the system has to scan for information?
Well, just rest and consider TDA 523x to be your alarm clock.
The SmartLEWIS™ TDA 523x receiver will scan for any news meant for the system and just wake it up when something relevant is available. If not, just continue to sleep…
- Ultra low system power consumption, especially in park mode. While TDA523x is autonomously polling for RF messages, the host microcontroller can wait in lowest power sleep mode for the End of Message interrupt, slowly wake up and pick up the data from the data FIFO.
- Reduced processing load; The host µC is completely released from any processing of the incoming bit-stream.
- Reduced system costs, because a simpler and cheaper host µC can be used, or the µC is able to take over task which might require an additional µC.
- Extremely low software development efforts.
- TDA523x is an autonomous RF Receiver with an integrated digital baseband.
- TDA523x takes over the polling, and does the required filtering, slicing, framing of the received data stream, and makes the payload available via the data FIFO.
- TDA523x is able to handle data from RKE and TPMS transmitters, even when they have different modulation, bit rate and data format.
- TDA523x is widely configurable and allows easy adaption to different tasks and requirements.
- TDA523x is multi-channel enabled for reception from up to 6 different channels.
The SmartLEWIS™ RX products are suitable for all major short range applications in the sub 1 GHz frequency bands:
The TDA5230 is used for operation in the 434MHz and 868MHz ISM frequency band and the TDA5231 in the 315MHz frequency band.