PFC-CCM (continuous conduction mode) ICs
The ICE1PCS01/02 are 8-pin controller IC for active CCM power factor correction converters.
The unique average current control allows for low THD at all load ranges and excellent compensation of line voltage variations.The soft-start and the open-loop-protection provide high reliability and optimum operating conditions for SIC(silicon carbide) diodes.
ICE2PCS01/02 are the 2nd generation of Continuous Conduction Mode (CCM) PFC controllers, which employ BiCMOS technology. Compared to the 1 st generation of ICE1PCS01/02, the new ICs have lower internal reference trimmed at 3V. They also have other advantages such as wider Vcc operating range, improved internal oscillator and additional direct bulk capacitor over-voltage protection.
ICE3PCS01G is the new 14-pin wide input range ( 85VAC to 265VAC ) controller IC for active CCM power factor correction converter. Compared to the 1st and 2nd generation of ICE1PCS0x and ICE2PCS0x, the 3rd generation PFC have the lowest internal reference trimmed at 2.5V and integrated digital control voltage loop.They also have other advantages such as low peak current limit at 0.2V, adjustable gate switching frequency range from 21kHz to 250kHz and able to synchronise with external frequency range from 50kHz to 150kHz. They are now able to achieve 95% efficiency at full load for all input voltage range.
- Ease of use with few external components
- Average current control
- Bulk voltage good signal for inrush relay control or PWM IC enabling
- Integrated digital voltage loop compensation
- External current compensation for greater user fexibility
- Programmable switching (20kHZ-250kHz)
- External synchronzation ( 50kHz~150kHz)
- Direct sensing, input brown-out detection with hysteresis
- Max. duty cycle of 95% (typ)
- Trimmed internal reference voltage (2.5V +/-1.2%)
- Vcc under-voltage lock-out
- Low peak current limit threshold
- Second over-voltage protection
- Open loop detection
- Output under-voltage detection
- PFC enable function
- Enhanced dynamic response
- Fulfills class D spec. of IEC1000-3-2