The XC88x-Series expands infineon’s 8-bit XC800 microcontroller (MCU) family to provide more scalable performance and up to 32 KB Flash memory for cost-sensitive industrial applications. Operating at up to 24 MHz and equipped with a 16-bit vector computer XC886/XC888 MCUs offers 16-bit performance at 8-bit costs.
- Dedicated for motor control
- 16-bit Vector Computer (MDU+CORDIC) for Field Oriented Control
- 10-bit ADC with high accuracy (8-channels). Fast conversion in 1 µs.
- Capture/Compare Unit (CCU6) dedicated for flexible PWM signal generation for any kind of motor control
- Multi CAN up to 2 CAN nodes
- 3 independent capture/compare timers with up to 4 PWM channels
- Background E²PROM emulation