ICB2FL01G / ICB2FL02G
The ICB2FL01G is the 2nd generation of smart ballast control ICs from Infineon. Smart ballast control ICs integrate all functions required to operate fluorescent lamps such as preheat-, ignition-, run-mode and protection features required by state-of-the-art and future fluorescent lamp ballasts. Digital Mixed Signal Power Control is employed enabling speedy, cost effective ballast designs with the minimum of external components. Reliable and robust high voltage isolation is achieved by using Infineon's proprietary Coreless Transformer Technology (CLT).
- Fully integrated smart ballast controller IC
- High performance PFC stage
- Intelligent digital power control
- Extremely robust high voltage half bridge driver
- Drives up to 4 lamps with few external components required
- Dramatically reduced external component count
- Special in-circuit test mode for shorter ballast production test times
- Fast time to market
- Reliable, stable, highly frequented ballast designs
- Reduced ballast production test time and cost
- High efficiency operation
- Robust and reliable
- Enables a platform approach to ballast range designs
The ICB2FL02G is functionally similar to the ICB2FL01G with a number of optimizations to operating frequencies and detection thresholds for dimming ballasts.