Faced with constant price pressure and ever-stricter energy standards, the demand for increased cost and energy-efficiency of induction motors is constantly growing. Infineon responds to your need to be – and stay – competitive with its complete portfolio of highly-efficient, cost-effective semiconductor solutions and motor control application kits. Boasting excellent figures of merit and with a selection of intelligent software capabilities to choose from. From white goods to industrial applications, we have your induction motor needs covered.
Example Application for Induction Motor
Home and Building
Solutions for ultimate efficiency and best power ratings in high-voltage applications in buildings and homes.
Dynamic, precise drives for demanding applications, including food, packaging, logistics, tool machines, robots and more.
At a Glance: Induction Motor
Induction motors are the most common kind of motor used in commercial production. It can be viewed as an AC transformer with a rotating secondary winding. The current in the rotor windings is induced from the current in the stator windings, avoiding the need for a direct connection from the power source to the rotating windings.
- Asynchronous: rotor and driving frequency can be different
- Low maintenance, high durability
- Magnet-free: coil windings make up the rotor and stator
- No brushes needed: current from supply to the stator coils induces a field on the rotor cage or coils
- No controller necessary for single speed and predictable load operation
- Fit with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) for improved control and efficiency