Sensor fusion for autonomous driving
Cars today are fitted with a growing number of environmental sensors, such as radar, a camera, ultrasonic and lidar, that perform a multitude of tasks. However, each sensor alone has its limitations. By combining the input from various sensors, individual systems complement each other and can achieve enhanced ADAS functions, such as cross traffic assist and autonomous obstacle avoidance.
As part of cutting-edge autonomous driving systems that can make critical, autonomous decisions, sensor fusion applications must be designed meet the highest safety and security standards. And must reliably provide exceptional performance. That’s where Infineon comes into play.
System diagram: sensor fusion for autonomous driving
Turn to Infineon for leading-edge solutions
Infineon offers you a broad portfolio of high-performance semiconductor solutions for sensor fusion applications. Discover, for example, the AURIX™ domain controller for autonomous driving that
- Creates a comprehensive environmental model by fusing various sensors in and around the car
- Computes the best driving strategy for maximum driver safety and convenience
- Makes decisions and triggers actuators in the car
Designed to meet the highest safety and security standards, the AURIX™ microcontroller family provides the robust performance for safety-critical autonomous driving applications. Moreover, AURIX™ forms a safe and secure hub to support strategic decisions and communicate with the actuator systems within the car. Whatever enhanced ADAS function you design, you are certain to find the right semiconductor solution from Infineon.
- Enables the sensor data fusion of several environmental sensors such as radar, camera, ultrasonic and lidar
- Enhanced ADAS functions, such as cross traffic assist and autonomous obstacle avoidance, require the data from more than one sensor and the corresponding sensor fusion
- Since the system can make critical, autonomous decisions, safety and security implementation is a must and is supported by Infineon’s high-performance AURIX™ microcontroller
- AURIX™ combined with the TLF35584 safety power supply and a dedicated processor enables new and enhanced ADAS features
Automotive application guide
16_12-1 | Dec 19, 2016 | PDF | 8.32 mb
Hybrid electric and electric cars
15_08-1 | Aug 19, 2015 | PDF | 5.23 mb
New TriCore™ Family Brochure 2017
01_00 | Mar 08, 2017 | PDF | 6.65 mb
Automotive power selection guide
16_11-1 | Dec 19, 2016 | PDF | 11.47 mb
Sensing the world - sensor solutions for automotive, industrial and consumer applications
16_05-1 | May 02, 2016 | PDF | 5.66 mb
Your path to robust and reliable in-vehicle networking, Infineon's automotive networking solutions
16_11-1 | Nov 11, 2016 | PDF | 8.27 mb
Make your application wireless-sub 1GHz RF solutions
14_11-2 | Nov 15, 2014 | PDF | 1.59 mb
Battery Management for Electric Verhicles
Solutions for Small Electric Vehicles
Powertrain System Part 1
Powertrain System Part 2
BLDC Motor Control
Brushed DC Motors
Stepper Motor Control
AC Induction Motors
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.