Automotive 77 GHz radar system
Able to support an array of new features and functions, automotive 77GHz radar systems have a promising future. The huge benefits: high precision and excellent scalability from short to long range. The flipside: a higher degree of technical complexity.
By allowing you to concentrate on application development and integration, a designated ready-to-use chipset is your ticket to success. That’s why Infineon offers a system solution for automotive 77GHz radar systems that reduces the number of components required. An additional plus: seamless inter-functionality of all parts. For a complete automotive 77GHz radar system that works without a hitch.
System diagram of automotive 77 GHz radar system
- Automotive radar sensors are a key technology for enabling future driver assistance functions and securing high ratings in the New Car Assessment Programs (NCAP) throughout the world
- The Radar System IC (RASIC™) series consists of a group of highly-integrated functions for the 76–77GHz range for automotive radar
- The ICs offer a high level of integration and need only a few – if any – external components
- Infineon’s SiGe process benefits from its origins in the volume bipolar segment. Its unique features are its high-frequency capability and robustness, which make it suitable for automotive environments over the full temperature range up to full automotive qualification according to AEC-Q100
- Infineon´s AURIXTM 32-bit muticore ADAS derivative offers a dedicated feature set for radar applications wich, in many cases, renders additional DSP, external SRAM and external ADC ICs obsolete. This results in cost-efficient short-range radar implementation.