Innovative semiconductor solutions for safety applications
Safety has long been a key topic in the automotive industry and the list of requirements continues to grow. Today, for instance, safety systems must be highly dependable and adhere to an ever-increasing number of ISO norms. But most solutions also face the pressure of conforming to tighter budgets. Ideally, safety systems are scalable, which allows for integration in both entry-level and luxury cars, as well as energy-efficient, i.e. consume less fuel.
Infineon understands these challenges and is ready to meet them head on. In our wide-ranging portfolio of cost-conscious products you’ll find answers for each and every safety application on the road. Because we’re the only supplier to truly offer all safety products from one source, by choosing Infineon you can be certain that all components will work together seamlessly. Result: safety applications that offer the ultimate in dependability.
Also benefit from safety made easy. We’re pleased to use our proven in-house expertise and know-how to help you engineer your applications. Be it in ISO 26262 development or any other relevant topic. As you’ll see, we also offer the most efficient integration into safety environments. Have a look around at our solutions for safety applications and let us know how we can ensure your application will be a success!
Infineon´s PRO-SILTM concept includes safety-focused organization and business processes to generate hardware and software safety featuers, including safety documentation.
The functional complexity and levels of integration of real-time safety-critical applications continue to increase exponentially. In addition, the product life cycle of these applications has to meet stringent safety standards. The ISO 26262 mandates more robust and comprehensive product development proceses and functional safety concepts in automotive applications.
Infineon´s PRO-SILTM concept enables efficient ISO 26262-compliant safety application development. Across the full certification spectrum from Automotive Safety Integrity Levels ASIL-A to ASIL-D, our end-to-end PRO-SILTM approach will help you with the assurance that Infineon hardware, software and functional safety concepts meet your design and compliance needs.
- Broad hardware portfolio including sensors and microcontrollers, along with analog and power management ICs providing SIL-supporting features.
- In the case of ISO 26262 PRO-SILTM products, safety concepts are in place to enable the required safety measures, along with testing, monitoring and diagnostic capabilities for your safety architecture.
- Comprehensive safety software packages fot integration are in place, such as the SafeTlib software for Infineon´s AURIXTM microcontroller family.
- Full range of support services - extending from consulting and design advice to training, documentation and technical support - can be provided.
- Safety-focused organization and project management based on Infineon´s Zero Defect Program, Safety Culture and Quality Management System are in place.
Infineon´s PRO-SILTM logo will guide you to our products (HW, SW, Safety Documentation) with SIL-supporting featuers. These products will simplify the implementation of customers´system design and improve time-to-market in achieving the desired functional safety level compliance.