In gateway applications two things count most: high performance and a reasonable price. With Infineon you don’t have to make a trade-off. Our solutions offer top-of-the-line performance and carry a competitive price tag. Plus, you can rely on getting cutting-edge functional safety and data security features.
As the central point for internal communication and the link to the outside world, today’s connected gateways must cover more functionalities than their predecessors. This results in benefits, like eCall, as well as threats, like the possibility to externally manipulate the drive cycle. It’s essential to consider these aspects when choosing the right microcontroller. Infineon’s scalable AURIX™ family, for example, is precisely engineered to enhance communication, reduce power consumption and keep the environment safe and secure.
Gateway system diagram
- Scalable microcontroller based on either XC2200 with up to 6 CAN / 10 USIC, or based on the high-performance AURIX™
family with multicore capability
- Routing functionality with a very low CPU load
- Dedicated microcontroller HW support for LIN, CAN, FlexRay (XC2200 and AURIX™) as well as Ethernet (AURIX™ only)
- Network transceiver supporting CAN, LIN and FlexRay
- Wide range of voltage supply ICs covering linear and DC/DCbased regulators