Data Protection Policy, Job Application Process, as of: April 2015
Infineon Technologies AG and its affiliates emphasize the protection of your personal data. Therefore, and based on legal requirements, we would like to inform you about the collection, usage and processing of your data during the job application process.
- Purpose of Collection and Data Usage
Personal data is collected, processed and used for the purpose of handling a job application and for general information about careers and recruiting topics. Data you provide is used to contact you and collect, verify and assess your application credentials. Depending on the position for which you are applying, a pre-employment screening might be required. You will find additional information at the affected position.
If you are applying for a specific position, your data will only be made available to the responsible human resource department and the respective manager If you are sending an unsolicited application, your data will be made available to the human resource department in your preferred country.
In addition, your application credentials can be evaluated and used for alternative positions at Infineon upon your separate approval.
Personal data collected and processed during the application process is protected against unauthorized access, loss and modification by technical and organizational measures.
- Data Processing within the Infineon Group
Your data will be transferred, processed and used within the Infineon Group for handling the job application.
If you are living within the European Union, your personal data is stored and processed in compliance with European and applicable national privacy laws, especially the German Federal Data Protection Law (BDSG).
If you are living outside the European Union, your personal data will also be processed by local Infineon subsidiaries. The data is held on computers in Germany.
For Infineon employees, internal privacy and data protection regulations apply. Infineon employees are sworn to secrecy and to protect all personal data.
- Transfer to Third Parties
The Infineon Job Portal stores and processes your data and is operated by an external service provider. Contractual agreements between Infineon and the service provider establish legally compliant data processing and the protection of your data.
Furthermore, your data may be passed within the Infineon Group or to third parties if this serves your personal interests.
Any further disclosure or transfer of your data is not performed.
- Data Retention
If your application for a specific job position is rejected, your data is deleted after six months. This does not include anonymized information for statistical analysis. Any further usage of your data is not performed.
If you agree to the use of your application credentials for other possible positions within Infineon, your data is not automatically deleted. You will receive an E-Mail after six months with the possibility to withdraw your consent.
- Rights and Duties of the User
Personal data you submit must be correct, complete and up-to-date. You are obliged to revise data no longer valid or complete via the job portal.
Login credentials for the job portal have to be kept secret in order to prevent misuse.
You have the possibility to inspect, modify or delete your personal data which is held by Infineon via the job portal at any time.
If you have given consent to use your data for the reception of company information (e.g. E-Mail Newsletter), you may withdraw your consent at any time with immediate effect.
Cookies are sent from the Infineon Job Portal server to help your browser to identify you and to enable Infineon to provide you with customized and personalized services. All web pages by Infineon which ask you to log in, or which are customized, require cookies.
- Google Analytics
You have the option to object this data collection by Google Analytics via the following link:
The Infineon Job Portal uses etracker, a web analysis tool provided from The etracker GmbH to collect data anonymously for use in marketing and optimization. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user identification and can be used to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files stored in the visitor’s local browser cache. It is possible to use these cookies to recognize a visitor’s browser. The data collected by the etracker technology will not be used to determine the personal identity of a website visitor, and will not be compiled with personal data relating to the person referred to by the pseudonym, unless agreed to separately by the person concerned.
You may revoke storage of personal data at any time. Regardless of legal regulations, your data will then be deleted/blocked with immediate effect. This is done in so far as the information is not required by Infineon to fulfil its obligations towards you. It can also be done retrospectively for all your personal data stored in the past.
You may also refuse the collection and storage of non-personal usage data by etracker at any time, including with future effect. In this case, no user data from your browser will be stored during any future visits to Infineon’s website. To refuse storage of your user data click here.
The Infineon Job Portal uses Eloqua, a cloud service provided by Oracle or logging its email service and for email dispatch. The Eloqua server is located in Canada. Eloqua places a permanent cookie on the respective login page unless an Eloqua cookie is already present on your device. If you have used a website using Eloqua, your browser may already have stored an Eloqua cookie. Infineon may use the Eloqua cookie to analyze your use of its websites so it can be continuously improved. E-Mails sent with Eloqua use tracking technologies. Infineon uses this information primarily to find out what topics you’re interested in by monitoring whether Infineon e-mails are opened and which links are clicked on. This information helps Infineon improve the e-mails sent and the services provided. If you wish to block the use of Eloqua cookies on your device for the future, you can do so via this link: http://www.oracle.com/us/legal/privacy/privacy-policy/index.html#opt-out
If you do not want Infineon to recognize your computer (hard disk cookies), you can delete cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or warn you before a cookie is stored by adjusting your browser settings. If you do not accept cookies, the use of some of Infineon’s services will not be available to you. Generally, cookies allow Infineon to determine who you are and thus provide you with better and more personalized services.
- Google Analytics
- Contact to Data Protection Officer
You can contact Infineon at any time regarding privacy rights concerns at the following e-mail address: email@example.com, or send a letter to the mailing address given below.
Please provide your contact details, the name of the Infineon website or service in question, and a detailed description of your request or privacy/data protection issue.
Data Protection Officer
Infineon Technologies AG
Am Campeon 1-12
Terms and Conditions of Use
- The usage of the Infineon Job Portal requires registration. For registration you shall give accurate information and, where such information changes over time, update such information without undue delay. You shall ensure that your e-mail address, as supplied to Infineon, is current at all times.
- When registering for the Infineon Job Portal you shall choose a user name and a secure password. You shall ensure that your data, in particular your password is not accessible by third parties and you shall be liable for all transactions and other activities carried out under your account. If and to the extent you become aware that third parties are misusing your data, you shall notify Infineon thereof without undue delay in writing, or, as the case may be, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). After receipt of such notice, Infineon will deny access to your account on the Infineon Job Portal. Your account will be deactivated with undue delay. To be able to use the Infineon Job Portal again you need a new registration.
- You may at any time delete your account on the Infineon Job Portal. In such event Infineon will remove your data and other stored personally identifiable data as soon as you delete your account.
- Infineon may at any time and without obligation to give reasons deny you the right to access your account on the Infineon Job Portal by blocking your data, in particular if you
- use false data for the purpose of registration;
- violate these Terms and Conditions of Use or neglect your duty of care with regard to your data, in particular your password;
- violate any applicable laws in the access to or use of the Infineon Job Portal; or
- violate the rights of other persons and spread content for which you can be liable to prosecution.
- You are responsible for any content (in particular files, pictures etc.) uploaded to the Infineon Job Portal. You are responsible for ensuring that none of the content uploaded by you to the Infineon Job Portal violates any personal rights, intellectual property rights and trademarks rights or any other rights of third parties.
- You shall fully indemnify Infineon and its affiliates against any claims asserted by third parties resulting from (i) passing on your password to third parties or (ii) performing any illegal activities either by you or third parties on your fault.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall limit or exclude Infineon's liability under mandatory liability laws, for injuries to life, body or health, for fraudulent concealment of defects, or in cases of Infineon's intentional misconduct or gross negligence. Without prejudice to the aforementioned, in cases of Infineon's slight negligent breach of obligations that restrict essential rights or duties arising from the nature of these Terms and Conditions of Use or of an obligation whose observance you regularly may trust in, Infineon's liability shall be limited to the typical, foreseeable damage. Without prejudice to the aforementioned regulations in this Section 6, Infineon's liability under these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be excluded in all other cases.
- If you violate these Terms and Conditions of Use, your permit to use the Infineon Job Portal terminates automatically. In addition, Infineon may terminate your permit to use the Infineon Job Portal at its discretion and at any time regardless of any violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.