Infineon reports increased revenues and earnings for fourth quarter and fiscal year 2004
- Fourth quarter revenues were Euro 1.99 billion, up 4 percent sequentially, reflecting higher sales in all segments, except Memory Products.
- Net income in the fourth quarter was Euro 44 million, up from a net loss of Euro 56 million sequentially; fourth quarter EBIT increased to Euro 113 million, up from Euro 2 million in the prior quarter. EBIT was negatively affected by impairment and antitrust related charges of Euro 132 million in the fourth quarter compared to Euro 186 million in the prior quarter.
- Fiscal year 2004 revenues were Euro 7.19 billion, up 17 percent year-on-year, reflecting higher demand in all segments but Wireline Communications.
- Net income for fiscal year 2004 was Euro 61 million, up from a net loss of Euro 435 million last year; EBIT increased to Euro 256 million in fiscal year 2004, up from an EBIT loss of Euro 299 million in 2003, despite impairment and antitrust related charges of Euro 345 million in fiscal year 2004 compared to Euro 126 million in fiscal year 2003.
- For fiscal year 2004, cash flow from operations increased to Euro 1.86 billion, up from Euro 730 million in 2003. Free cash flow in 2004 was Euro 206 million, significantly improved from a negative Euro 53 million in 2003.
The full news release and the business highlights are available as pdf download only. Please see the documentation table below this release.