Low-cost solutions for motor control and automation
Especially in fast growing mass markets low-cost and fast time to market solutions are key. Nevertheless customers will not compromise for smart and energy efficient designs. The mass markets for electric drives are heading towards greater adoption of more efficient brushless motors or even sensorless motors reducing BOM making magnetic field sensors obsolete. Infineon's XC800 microcontrollers and solutions are an exellent fit for these emerging requirements. We are a leading supplier for motor control in eBikes for many years.
Microcontrollers for low-cost motor control and automation
XC800 product family of 8-bit microcontrollers provides a scaleable protfolio of low-cost devices for various types of motor control and industrial automation:
- Portfolio from 2KB to 64KB Flash and from 16-pin to 64-pin package options, qualified upto 125°C operating temerature
- Optimized peripherals and ROM-code for field oriented 3-phase motor control (FOC)
- Solutions for AC/DC Power Factor Correction
- MultiCAN technology supporting 2 CAN nodes with 32 message objects
- Protocol stack for implementation into IO-Link Sensor/Actuator Networks
- For the use in IEC 60730/Class B certified applications
Infineon offers tools enabling fast time to market of motor control applications. Based on our motor control know how DAVE TM Drive was developed to provide quick and easy generation of motor control code. With our Application Kits we offer full HW and SW solutions for different power classes and topologies. A list of Application Notes focussing on motor control and automation is listed at the bottom of this page.