SLE 78 SOLID FLASH ™ family: Digital Security Controller
THE SLE 78CXxxxP 16-BIT CONTROLLER FAMILY is the latest offering from Infineon for high security chip card markets. The SLE 78 family builds upon the success of the SLE 66PE family which is currently used across all existing chip card markets worldwide. It offers an easy migration path whilst introducing a new additional security concept called “Integrity Guard” that will ensure even longer lasting security against potential attacks.
All features – and specifically the Integrity Guard – are designed with the following in mind:
- R&D efficiency for application development
- Short time to market for end customer products
- Robustness, quality and long product life spans
- Open architecture to accommodate future hardware extensions
Integrity Guard System
The new Integrity Guard concept offers long term device security, ensuring CC EAL5+ (high) certification for years to come. Rather than relying entirely on shields and sensors the Integrity Guard concentrates on core security to protect against tomorrow’s attacks.
- Dual CPU implementation for fault detection
- Full CPU, Memory, Bus and Cache encryption
- Error detection codes (EDC) in all memories
- Error codes for cache protection (Post Failure Detection, PFD)
- Address and data scrambling of memories
- Active I2-Shield